General rental contract conditions
MIDI-VILLAS GmbH (Ltd), Höhenweg 13, CH-8590 Romanshorn (register of commerce Kanton Thurgau UID-No. CHE-354.734.470 of 09.01.2012) acts as holiday rental agency between you and the owners and their representatives.
1. Object of the contract: These General contract conditions apply to the rental by you of one of the rental properties from MIDI-VILLAS GmbH, hereinafter called MV.
2. Contract validity: The rental contract between you and MV is entered into upon receipt of your written (equally by e-mail or fax), personal or telephone reservation. From this point in time onwards the rights and obligations of the present contract (including the general contract conditions) shall be valid between you and MV. MV is committed to fulfil the promised services upon confirmation of reservation and the thereto attached ‘property description’.
3. Reservation / payment: After your receipt of the confirmation of reservation and the related invoices from MV (by fax, postal mail or e-mail), a deposit of 30 % of the total rental amount is to be paid immediately (payment proof by fax, postal mail or e-mail to be received by MV within 5 days after your reservation date). The remaining amount is to be paid at the latest eight weeks before the first day of the rental period to the bank account designated by MV for this purpose. In case of no receipt of payment within the period mentioned, the rental object can be rented to other persons without previous notice, under application of the cancellation fees. For reservations made at short notice (less than 8 weeks before beginning of rental), the total rental amount is to be paid immediately. MV invoices a booking fee of CHF 50 / EUR 40 / GBP 40 / USD 90.
4. Cancellation: Cancellations must be made in writing by registered mail, together with the return of the received rental information.
5. Cancellation fees: On cancellation the following fees will be invoiced:
- Until 56 days before beginning of rental period:
|30 % of total rental amount
|- 55 to 42 days days before beginning of rental period:
||75 % of total rental amount
|- From 41 days before and until beginning of rental or upon non-arrival:
||100 % of total rental amount
The date valid for determination of the cancellation fee is the date of receipt of the cancellation by MV. A cancellation insurance (suggested) covers for emergency cases (illness, accident or death, depending on insurance). An early interruption of the rental period does not give the right of reimbursement.
6. Changes in description of rental object, prices and conditions: MV reserves the right to make amendments to the description of rental objects and rental prices before signing the ‘Reservation Confirmation’. Possible fee corrections can be necessary due to exchange rate differences (the Swiss Franc is the base currency) or amendments by the state or other authority, as well concerning any additional costs. In the case an exceptional fee increase (after signature of Reservation Confirmation) of more than 10% of the rental amount or an important change in contract conditions, you have the right, within 5 days upon receipt of this information, to withdraw from the contract and to receive reimbursement of already paid fees.
7. Substitution of rental object: In case non-foreseeable circumstances prevent MV to fulfil the contract, MV will offer you an equivalent rental object. If this is impossible, or you cannot accept this substitute within 5 days of received information, MV has the right to cancel the contract and reimburse you the already paid amount without further right of claim from your side.
8. Security deposit: Upon arrival you leave a deposit with the contact person in Euro in cash or cheque or you allow the local agency to charge the amount to your credit card by signing the Security deposit form with your card number (with some rentals). Upon or after your departure (up to 8 weeks later) this amount will be reimbursed, in total or after deduction of additional costs or costs for damages caused to the house or its contents, or the amount due will be charged to your credit card.
9. Rental information: After receipt of the total rental amount by MV, you will receive the rental information: address of the rental object, road description, where to find the contact person and his/her phone number as well as voucher (to give to the contact person).
10. Rental agreement: Covers the house and its contents. You are responsible for damages caused by yourself and all accompanying persons. All damages, as well as possible extra cleaning needed, will be invoiced or deducted from the security deposit. The number of persons indicated on the voucher may not be exceeded. The contact person has the right to request that additional persons leave or to charge you extra or deduct the amount from the security deposit on departure. The handing over of the house takes place on Saturdays between 04.00 and 06.00 p.m. On delayed arrival we kindly ask you to inform the contact person directly. The returning of the house to the contact person must take place on departure day before 10.00 a.m. at the latest.
11. Notice of damage/complaint: Should deficiencies or damages of any kind occur to the house or its contents during your stay, please immediately ! inform the contact person (or our local office od MV), who has to evaluate the deficiency with you and will arrange the matter soonest. Any request for compensation - exceptionnally those concerning property, which have to be locally arranged- must be received by MV within 14 days after the end of the rental period in writing, with written confirmation by the contact person. The contact person does not have the right to accept any monetary damage compensation requests. Compensation requests made without the prior immediate information of the contact person (and her confirmation of the deficiency) can not be honoured.
12. Legal domicile: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland. The parties irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of Switzerland, venue being Romanshorn.